This meme comes via The Ministry of Information. Judging by one or two of the questions, I think it originates from somewhere in MySpace. I’ve omitted a couple of questions for which I couldn’t think up sufficiently witty replies.
1. Where were you for New Year 2007?
Slough, where my parents live, a much-maligned town.
2. How did you get the idea for your MySpace name?
Combination of my first name and the username I use on a lot of music-related forums, which also happens to be my domain name.
3. What are you listening to right now?
“Standing In My Shadow” by Breathing Space, not coincidentally the song I’ve currently got on the MySpace profile.
4. Has the death of a celebrity ever made you cry?
Who are these ‘celebrities’ of whom you speak, and why should they mean more to me than real friends and relatives?
5. Do you live in a zoo?
Er, no. These questions are starting to get silly.
6. What did you do this morning?
Got up, had breakfast, and returned to Slough from Colchester
7. What does your mother do for a living?
8. Where do you work?
Alderley Edge, in the heart of Footballer’s Wives land
9. What are your favourite smells?
Bacon. Vegetarianism cured, instantly!
10. What are the last two digits of your phone number?
The same as the class number of the North British built electric locomotive preserved as part of the National Collection. If you keep on asking silly questions, I will give sillier and sillier answers. So there!
11. What was the last concert you attended?
Mostly Autumn at Crewe Limelight on the 19th December.
12. Who was with you?
I went on my own, but met up with a lot of the usual suspects once I got there.
13. What was the last movie you watched?
It was so long ago I’m not even 100% what it was; it may well have been Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit. I told you it was a long time ago.
14. What do you dislike at the moment?
That the bad guys seem to be actuve in Pakistan, and this is going to have repercussions on the rest of the world. And I found a friend of mine died on boxing day.
15. What do you crave right now?
Coffee. I knew I’d turned the kettle on for a reason.
16. Did you dream last night?
Yes, but it was pretty surreal, and I can’t remember what it was about.
17. What was the last TV show you watched?
May well have been the last one of “Later with Jools Holland” on Friday, which I watch in the increasingly vain hope that there will be someone decent on there.
18. What is your favourite piece of jewellery?
I’m a non-goth bloke. I don’t do jewellery.
19. Name someone on your Top 8 who is just like you?
I think this refers to my MySpace Top 8 friends, most of which are bands. Those that are not bands would probably sue if anyone suggested I resembled them.
20. Who is your best friend of the opposite sex?
My sister. Do relatives count?
21. Who last IM’d you?
I haven’t used IM for ages, and I can’t remember who it was.
22. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
23. What colour shirt are you wearing?
24. What colour is your razor?
I have a beard, so I don’t own one.
25. What is your favourite frozen treat?
Swedish glace; a dairy-free ice cream that actually surprisingly palatable.
26. How many tattoos/piercings do you have?
I’m not a Goth. Please pay attention.
27. What are your favourite stores?
Waltons of Altrincham. Until 30 seconds ago, I didn’t realise they actually had a website.
28. Are you thirsty right now?
No. I’ve now made that coffee from question 15 now.
29. Can you imagine yourself ever getting married?
30. Who’s someone you haven’t seen in a while and miss?
I can think of quite a few friends I haven’t seen for ages and really ought to catch up with.
31. What did you do last night?
Been very traditional and place charades. Have you ever tried to act out “Windows 98 user guide”?
32. Do you care what people think about you?
Only people that matter.
33. Have you ever done something to instigate trouble?
Does wearing an Odin Dragonfly T shirt to a Fish gig count?
34. Do you like your nose?
Well, it’s the only nose I’ve got.
35. What colour is your room?
The room I’m in right now is white.
36. When was the last time you worked out?
Not sure if walking to and from the railway station every day counts.
38. Where do you live?
Cheadle Hulme in Cheshire
39. Are you an aggressive driver?
I don’t drive.
40. Who is your cell phone carrier?
41. What is the thing you’d most want to change about yourself?
I’d like to be able to think of the right words to say to someone at the time, rather than 20 minutes after the event.
42. What colour is your car?
I don’t have a car.
43. What is your favourite colour?
44. Do you like mustard?
45. What do you tell yourself when times get hard?
46. Would you ever sky dive?
No. If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.
47. What do you sleep on?
A bed? I agree with NRT here; this is a silly question. I am a human being, not a cat…
48. Have you ever bid for something on eBay?
A few times. I’ve won two N gauge locomotives, an Arnold BLS Re4/4, and a Roco SBB Re4/4iv
49. Do you enjoy giving hugs?
50. Would you consider yourself to be fashionable?
Fashion is an evil conspiracy to dupe the gullible and insecure.
51. Do you own a digital camera?
Yes, although getting into gig photography is starting to expose the limitations of my present one.
52. What celebrities have you been compared to?
See my answer to question 4
53. What does your 19th text message say?
My primeval mobile phone doesn’t let me archive more than a dozen or so, so I have no idea.
54. How ’bout your 30th?
See previous answer.
55. Who did you hang out with last night?
Parents, brother, sister, brother-in-law, nephew, niece. It is Christmas, after all…
56. What are you doing this Saturday?
Don’t know yet. Got any suggestions?