Another meme, from The Ministry of Information
1. Last film you saw in a cinema?
It’s so long since I last went to the cinema that I can’t actually remember
2. What book are you [re]reading?
Currently halfway through Charlie Stross’s “The Atrocity Archives”.
3. Favourite board game?
Can’t single out just one – I can name Railway Rivals, Illuminati (which isn’t technically a board game, but plays like one) and Arkham Horror, which is always fun, but takes ages.
4. Favourite magazine?
I don’t think there are any I now buy religiously every month, they all seem to have gone downhill lately – “Continental Modeller” has become “Obscure Bolivian kettle monthly” and “Classic Rock” seems to have turned into a Guns’N'Roses fanzine.
5. Favourite smells?
Bacon. Vegetarianism, cured!
6. Favourite sounds?
Fender Stratocaster played through a Marshall amp by someone that knows what he’s doing
A real Mellotron (Yes, I know the response to that is “have you ever tried to lift a real Mellotron”)
English Electric 12CSVT diesel engine on full power – such as a class 37 climbing that grade out of Weymouth.
7. Worst feeling in the world?
I don’t really feel like answering this one.
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
“I suppose this means I have to get up”
9. Favourite fast food place?
Murray’s sandwich bar in Alderley Edge
10. Future child’s name?
Hessian for a boy, Rafia for a girl. That is not a very serious answer.
11. Finish this statement. “If I had lot of money I’d..”
Buy a house with a basement big enough for a big US-Style model railway layout.
12. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
No! There is a teddy bear named “Isambard” in the house, but he sits on the sofa.
13. Storms – cool or scary?
Cool, provided you’re under cover.
14. Favourite drink?
Coffee (white, one suger)
Old Specked Hen
15. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would”
Build that US-style basement buster with the money from question 11
16. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
No. The stems don’t get as far as the saucepan
17. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice?
I like it the colour it is now, thank you.
18. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in?
Slough, Reading, Sale, Cheadle Hulme
19. Favourite sports to watch?
20. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
He didn’t exactly ‘send’ this to me, but he does appear to like Marillion, giving him better taste in music than 99% of the population.
21. What’s under your bed?
22. Would you like to be born as yourself again?
That’s just a fundamentally silly question.
23. Morning person, or night owl?
24. Over easy, or sunny side up?
25. Favourite place to relax?
Horse Cove, south Devon (between Dawlish and Teighmouth). Unfortunately they’ve put up some of those horrid pallisade fences ruining the view.
26. Favourite pie?
27. Favourite ice cream flavour?
28. Of all the people you tagged this to, who’s most likely to respond first?
I’m supposed to tag people?