I have written about the need for better music criticism. This piece by Everitt True about Kurt Cobain is the sort of thing we need less of. It’s the epitome of everything I loathe about the hipster-punk school of music writing. True is a talented writer, but he is not actually a music critic. That’s because he doesn’t write about the actual music. Whatever the nominal subject, the piece is ultimately all about himself. And it’s an school of writing that’s ultimately responsible for bigging up more terrible music than 70s prog-rock could ever dream of.
- Steve on Erja Lyytinen announces new album “Stolen Hearts”
- Steve on 2016 Album of the Year
- Michael on The Silk Railway
- Michael on How Good It Is
- Synthetase on Anne-Marie Helder – January
- David Meadows on What on Earth just happened in Sunderland?
- ard sloc on What on Earth just happened in Sunderland?
- PaulE on Future Publishing buys Team Rock Titles
- ard sloc on How Good It Is
- Tim Hall on On D&D Skills.
- Chuk on On D&D Skills.
- David Meadows on On D&D Skills.