The much-leaked announcement that Metallica will be headlining Glastonbury has received predicably mixed reactions. There are indie kids terrified at the prospect of guitars being played loudly rather than strummed, and metal fans claiming Metallica would be wasted on Glastonbury’s audience. But while I have the greatest respect for Dom Lawson, I cannot agree with his assertion that it’s just another half-baked vanity project. If I didn’t know him better I’d have accused him of writing archetypcal Guardian clickbait.
- Electric Freedom on Welcome to the Sausage Machine
- Chris Hall on More Hipsters
- Tim Hall on Gigspanner – Reading South Street Arts Centre
- Synthetase on More Hipsters
- PaulE on More Hipsters
- Alex on Support Bands: What exactly are they for?
- Tim Hall on Where are all the climate change songs?
- Colum Paget on Where are all the climate change songs?
- Colum Paget on Goldsmiths student union implodes
- Tim Hall on Mantra Vega announce January album release
- David Meadows on Mantra Vega announce January album release
- David Meadows on Gigspanner – Reading South Street Arts Centre