Despite a slightly shaky start this ended as a triumphal gig; the power and intensity of the last few songs in particular sent the audience away feeling they’d had their money’s worth. Continue reading
Welcome to Where Worlds Collide, a website that’s been around in some shape or form since the late 1990s.
As the title suggests, it covers a wide range of topics. There’s music news and reviews from the world of progressive rock and metal. There are thoughts on software development from the perspective of a software tester. There’s stuff about trains, science-fiction, and games. And there are political thinkpieces guaranteed to get up the noses of anyone who is either too far to the right or too far to the left.
Since it’s a rare person who is deeply interested in every single one of those things, the site is organised into different blogs for different topics. So if you really can’t stand our taste in music or are appalled by our politics, dive into the things that do interest you.
And if you still want to read everything, there’s always the “All Posts” view.
They’re a completely different subgenre of rock, but you could make a good argument that Karnataka’s three most recent studio albums, “Delicate Flame of Desire”, “The Gathering Light” and “Secrets of Angels” are the same sort of trinity of albums as “Rainbow Rising”, “Heaven and Hell” and “Holy Diver” in more than one way. Discuss.
I am finding it very difficult to find the right words to express my shock, horror and anger at today’s events. Continue reading
After months of teasing and speculation, Touchstone have announced Polish-born Aggie as their new lead singer. Continue reading
On the evidence of this gig, they’re on top live form this year, playing a good mix of old and new taking in material from across eight of their ten albums. Continue reading
Time to put aside the mythology about being in an a band, and recognise what music is really about? Continue reading
A single from a young band from Northern Ireland.
What happened to the confident outward-looking Britain of the 2012 Olympics? What made 52% of the voters believe the only way their voices would matter was to utterly screw over the other 48% in revenge? Continue reading
Why Brexiters must stop trying to police the reaction to Jo Cox’s death. Continue reading
To celebrate the 147th birthday of Sir Nigel Gresley, here’s Big Big Train performing the song East Coast Racer. Continue reading